Jul 5, 2007

My fav movies - I

A list of my all-time favorite movies - a lot of them the usual typical movies. This is the part 1 and will mainly have Tamil movies as emphasis and the post-2000 ones. It was post-2000 that I began watching movies, thanks to the 4 month long break after my II PU (12th class). It would also make sense if I would say that action movies do not feature on the list unless they have been too entertaining. Give me a movie with good looking people, good songs and no unexpected twists and turns(it shouldn't tense me) and no unnecessary fights, I can sit and watch it forever and ever and ever........... Another option, have a movie with a lot of action and fights, but let that be the only premise.

Alaipayuthey - The first movie I saw within 2 weeks of release, and the concept of a simple weddind makes a lot of sense to me. Love the really light-hearted romance between Karthik and Shakthi. Would have watched it a zillion times now, that I know the dialogs...... Snehidhane - my all time favorite song and every other song in the movie is something that's on all my playlists. Mani's magic worked.....

Kandukonden Kandukonden - One of the really colorful movies in all times, and a good showcase for all the actors to exhibit their skills. ARR was in great form, and so were the singers....... An album to cherish, and a DVD to treasure.....

Mitr -my friend - Revathy Menon's directorial debut made a lot of sense to me seeing the craving of a Indian housewife in the US, who cared for her workaholic husband and an 'ABCD' daughter. Really good movie.....

Mudhalvan - Shankar at his best, Arjun in great form, Manisha at her best after a long time, and ARR as usual rocking...... though unrealistic made me crave for a CM like him, plus a good romance between Arjun and Manisha was a big plus.

Kakka Kakka - Perhaps one of the few Jyothika movies on this list, I watched the movie just for the lead pair and was satisfied by the really mature and dignified romance between the two. Plus fast-paced stories are okay to me, if they seem realistic. HJ had really good songs in this one.

Mouna Raagam - Perhaps the only 80's movie in my list. I love the Karthik's flashback in the movie and Revathy's mischief in the movie. Plus songs by the Maestro were too good.

Mozhi - A clean entertainer with a feel-good theme, and good acting by the lead artistes.....

Kanda Naal Mudhal - A treasure to the Tamil film industry, a fun movie without a dull moment, and one of the really good movies of Laila. Good songs by YSR.

Rhythm - One of those sloooooowwwwwwww movies, but was really effective in bringing to life the 5 elements of nature in the 5 songs..... Good acting by Meena and Arjun, and a clean entertainer....

Anbe Sivam - Kamal's magic worked big time in this movie, and this movie makes me think about so many thing everytime I watch it. One of the treasured ones for me.....

It was just 10 movies in here. Will come up with many more blogs on this one..........

1 comment:

  1. I forgot about Mozhi. Good thing I read your blog :)
    amas32

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by.